Thursday, July 17, 2008

DARK KNIGHT midnight show anyone?

Not me. I think I'm sitting tonight's early show out and opting for a Friday matinee instead. While I think the midnight crowd will be fun, it might also be a little distracting. Plus, the last midnight screening I attended was for INDY 4, which robbed me of three hours of good sleep.

But I do want to see this movie as soon as possible. I called this afternoon, and the Cobb Hollywood 16 had 65 available seats, though the manager said Fandango had been listing all four theaters sold out.

If Tuscaloosa, AL sells out four midnight screenings (which it will; and three sold out ahead of time), look for bigger numbers than you expected. Deadline Hollywood Daily projects around $130M at this point, which seems likely. My three-day prediction stands at around $119M, but this thing's playing on well over 4,000 screens. Can it beat SPIDER-MAN 3's massive $151M three-day opening? Yes, but I don't know that it will.

Either way, the movie looks really good - way better than BATMAN BEGINS, which left me cold and a little disappointed (and still does after re-watches).

Current BATMAN movie rankings:
1. BATMAN (1989)
2. BATMAN RETURNS (1992)
3. BATMAN: MASK OF THE PHANTASM (1993)
T-4. BATMAN FOREVER (1995)
T-4. BATMAN BEGINS (2005)
6. BATMAN AND ROBIN (1997)

No comments: